WRLDSLK [°† ]

Hi im kLee <333 | like love to read. | I despise cliff-hangers. | I hate love-triangles. |

I like love Chuck Taylors  | I can't survive without  music | I loathe love rainy days |

love noise | That's all, ciao

“Each time a man looks into your eyes, he is only searching to find himself; for he knows already, that he is part of you” ― Jeremy Aldana

SPOILER ALERT!

Inhuman | Kat Falls | Fetch #1 | Sept 24 2013 |

In a world ravaged by mutation, a teenage girl must travel into the forbidden Savage Zone to recover lost artifacts or her father’s life is forfeit.

America has been ravaged by a war that has left the eastern half of the country riddled with mutation. Many of the people there exhibit varying degrees of animal traits. Even the plantlife has gone feral.

Crossing from west to east is supposed to be forbidden, but sometimes it’s necessary. Some enter the Savage Zone to provide humanitarian relief. Sixteen-year-old Lane’s father goes there to retrieve lost artifacts—he is a Fetch. It’s a dangerous life, but rewarding—until he’s caught.

Desperate to save her father, Lane agrees to complete his latest job. That means leaving behind her life of comfort and risking life and limb—and her very DNA—in the Savage Zone. But she’s not alone. In order to complete her objective, Lane strikes a deal with handsome, roguish Rafe. In exchange for his help as a guide, Lane is supposed to sneak him back west. But though Rafe doesn’t exhibit any signs of “manimal” mutation, he’s hardly civilized . . . and he may not be trustworthy.

____________________________________________________________________

*my thoughts* **Spoilers**

5 star rating.

I actually loved this book more than i thought i would!

It was unpredictable. Fast-moving - without missing any vital parts. I could connect with the characters. The action was awesome. The creativity in animal appearances was hella cool. So overall i freakin loved it!

"To protect the population, you have to stop seeing the people.."

So the heroine - Lane - is given a choice, find her father & get him to do a "fetch" or else he dies. Should be easy, right?

Whoops! I forgot to mention in-order to find her father Lane has to venture over the wall into the "Savage Zone".. which also inhabits mutated people with animal traits.

Creepy, right?

Back it up.. History 101.

America is split in two - West & East.

East being the mutated part.

West being the..un-mutated part lol

Hence there being a wall dividing the two.

Also hence it being unnecessary and might i add forbidden to cross the wall.

But i mean, why would any humna being wanna go to a disaster zone & leave the luxuries of the west?

Oh. right. To fetch shit for money. *smh*

So can you see where Lane might feel confused, angry, hurt and all the inbetween when she finds out her dad has been going over the wall.. regularly.

Alrighty..

Back to the story.

So Lane is determined to find her dad ASAP and get his death sentence gone.

Along the way she runs into - literally - TWO, if i do say so myself, gorgeous guys!

Each of which are completely different to each other.

Rafe & Everson Cruz.

Love em' both equally.

... okay this is where the events get fuzzy for me LOL

Took too much time in writing this, so bear with me.

Quick run-down on "The journey to save Dad"

Lane finally makes it onto Savage Zone soil after ditching Everson.

Runs into Rafe, then trapped with Rafe, then saved by Rafe.

Rafe & Lane travel together to a compound where her father is known to be at

Soon discovers her father had left - whereabouts unknown

Everson turns up to "save" Lane & return her home

Of course Lane refuses

Tries to hijack his vehicle to complete her dads fetch herself

Ends up with Rafe & Everson - each with their own agendas - along for the ride to Chicago - where the object of importance is

*Chicago is a no-go area, very dangerous*

Lane runs into an old "friend". Who turns out to be a crazy person - or more like a crazy manimal. - half-man, Half animal.

Made a new friend - this one nice - Cosmo, who travels with them to chicago, in hopes in finiding his momma.

Arrive in Chicago, only to find out, that the object of importance is no longer available

Captured by "officials"

Wined & Dined - cause they're humans, and hard to come by

See "sick" things.

Find out that Lanes' Crazy Person is the highest "official" in Chicago - a.k.a THE KING!

Shit hits the fan, they gotta find an escape.

Cosmo dies

Lane releases "The Queens"

Havoc erupts

The King dies

Rafe gets infected

Everson saves Lane

Lane soon finds out her father is safe

Everson reveals a MAJOR secret

Lane accomplished in saving her fathers life!

to be continued...

Carter Reed
Tijan
Left Drowning
Jessica Park
The Wild Ones (The Wild Ones, #1)
M. Leighton